Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Vivienne Westwood goes up the wall

Fans of Vivienne Westwood’s avant-garde take on the British tradition can now dress their walls in some of her signature prints.

The doyenne of British fashion has teamed up with Cole & Son, to create an extensive range of wallpapers designed by Westwood, inspired by some of her most recognized fashion collections, expect to see wallpapers bursting with pattern, colour and texture.




The Squiggle print from the Autumn Winter 81/82 Pirate Collection to Cut-Out Lace print from the Spring Summer 07 I am Expensive Collection, hand-drawn by Vivienne herself.













Launched on 27 September at Focus, this collection won’t be seen on the catwalk or mimicked in high street stores. A truly unique collaboration, purchasing some Vivienne paper is almost as exclusive as getting your hands on her latest fashion pieces. It’s no surprise then that someone with so much talent and eye for design would spread their talents unto something new.

Wallpaper Wednesday
the day to do a post about wallpaper

3 comments:

Our Porch in Hillsborough said...

These are fabulous - and a great way to own something by VW that you can use everyday.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Leah

studioJudith said...

Wow !
Westwood Walls .. . love them.
(I'll bet she's a Leopard Lover, too)

Jjj

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Woah! Those are stunning, Gina. I am officially in love. I haven't seen wallpaper that makes me this excited since I can't remember when. I love the graphics, and is that plaid I spy??? Really love it!

I wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Sending you much love to your side of the Sunshine State. We have rain today, but we need it! :-)

I am thankful for YOU!

Love you much...

XO,

Sheila :-)