Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Artist: Montgomery Gentry Song: Roll with me

Do you ever hear a song and the tune reminds you of when you were growing up and then you pay attention to the words and they hit home to today as an adult ? Well this song does that to me, I grew up in the 70's and it always makes me feel good. I hope you enjoy.

Wake up in the morning Get to living my life Making sure that Im all that I can be Went to church on Sunday There was a moment that came I swear it was like the Lord spoke right to me So now I'm slowing it down and I'm looking around And I'm lovin' this town and I'm doing alright Aint' worried 'bout nothing cept for the man I wanna be I'm thinking maybe it's time to be livin' the rhyme When I'm singing a song about nothing but right And it'd sure be nice if you would roll with me Saw a kid last winter only twenty years old Being laid to rest while his mom stood by his side Sure was hard to watch those tears roll down her face Made me think how we all just have our time So now I'm slowing it down and I'm looking around And I'm lovin this town and I'm doing alright Aint' worried 'bout nothing cept for the man I wanna be I'm thinking maybe it's time to be livin' the rhyme When I'm singing a song about nothing but right And it's sure be nice if you would roll with me Who knows whats up ahead I think I'd rather not know instead So now I'm slowing it down and I'm looking around And I'm lovin this town and I'm doing alright Aint' worried 'bout nothing cept for the man I wanna be I'm thinking maybe it's time to be livin' the rhyme When I'm singing a song about nothing but right And it's sure be nice if you would roll with me.

No comments: